We all have a story surrounding our relationship with feelings.
We might have learnt that feelings are dangerous if we grew up with dysregulated parents or that feelings are shameful if we grew up with parents who were disconnected from their own feelings.
When you have been shamed for your feelings as a child, it is expected that you would have a complex relationship with your feelings as an adult.
Here are some journal prompts about your relationship to your feelings:
- Can you be curious about how you feel about your feelings?
- Are some feelings permitted and not others? (by you)
- Which ones are permitted and which ones are not allowed?
- What did you learn about the feelings that you deny as a child?
- How could you meet that denied or disallowed feeling in a different way moving forward?
Let me know if these are useful,