A fawn response might lead us to have co-dependent relationships where we sacrifice our needs to maintain the relationship.
What are the hallmarks of co-dependency?
- Saying yes, when you want to say no
- Having to hide parts of yourself to be loved
- Putting your partner’s needs above your own
- Feeling responsible for your partner’s thoughts and feelings
- Over-focus on your partner
- Lack of boundaries
- Trying to control the other person
When, as children, we learn to care for the needs of others to stay safe, we have to numb our feelings and needs. So it is common as an adult to feeling disconnected from your body and your needs.
It is possible to heal the fawn response. I’ll be following up with some ideas. If you want to be sure you see the follow-ups, simply go to my profile page and hit the bell at the top of the page.
Have any questions? Comment, and I’ll do my best to answer.