Hi! I’m Jennifer. I’m the founder of Psychotherapy Central, co-founder of The Golden Woman Centre, Ambassador for A Sound Life charity and President of the International Energetic Healing Association. I am a mum to two beautiful children, wife, daughter, sister and friend. I have a Masters degree in Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy. I am a licensed psychotherapist, counsellor and energetic healer, but you can think of me as a huge self-love advocate, a listening ear, and a holder of space for transformation and healing.
I am lucky enough to do work that is my calling, it is my vocation. I have over 16 year’s experience working with individuals and groups, leading international transformational retreats and seminars, writing accredited courses, e-books and blogs.
What brings me here?
I grew up wanting to change the world. I saw the images of starving children in Africa in the 80’s and I wanted to help. That desire led me to study Political Science and Development Studies at Leeds University in the UK. After university I worked for the Japanese government for three years, teaching English in their public school sector. It was such a completely different culture to the UK, I found myself on a steep learning curve. I feel like I did a lot of growing up there. I met my husband to be, I travelled – India, Nepal, South East Asia, Europe, Chille, Southern Africa, including hitchhiking and camping through Botswana and Namibia and had a lot of fun.
A few years on I found myself in Australia with the love of my life, leaving my family in the UK, and decided to study kinesiology, energetic healing and reiki, mostly just for fun. And I LOVED it! I had found my resting place. My vocation.
Skipping a few years, I had the opportunity to run the biggest energetic healing centre in Sydney for over five years, I co-wrote an incredible transformative course that was accredited by the IICT and the IEHA, I founded the Psychotherapy Central online community (which currently has over 16,000 followers). I have been working as a therapist in private practice for over 15 years and during that time have worked with over 10,000 people in the personal development and transformational space. I lead annual international deep dive retreats to India, France and Australia and run different online seminars and courses. I am currently the President of the International Energetic Healing Association and am involved in the global accreditation process.
Oh…and my biggest projects? My two beautiful children and being playmate to my husband and our dog.
What I love…
My passion is supporting people who feel overwhelmed by self-criticism, stress, sadness, anxiety, doubt and fear to become more accepting of who they are and break through their own inner glass ceiling by calling on a unique combination of psychotherapy and energetic healing.
I help people who want to:
- Work on family or relationship challenges
- Recover from depression
- Learn techniques to deal with anxiety
- Heal from trauma
- Improve their self-esteem
- Overcome addiction
- Connect more with their inner power
- Heal attachment issues
- Build inner happiness and a positive outlook
- Create meaningful and fulfilling relationships
- Better manage everyday stress and anxiety
Qualifications you can Trust
- M.A. Counselling & Applied Psychotherapy, JNI, Sydney, Australia.
- B.A. (Hons) Political Science, Leeds University
- Post Graduate Diploma of Counselling and Psychotherapy, JNI, Sydney, Australia.
- Energy Healing Diploma, The Wellness Initiative
- Kinesiology Cert. IV, Nature Care College
- Reiki Level 1 & 2
- Theta Healing Practitioner
- Shamanic Journeying Practitioner
- Focusing, JNI, Sydney
- Mental Health, JNI, Sydney
- Group Therapy, JNI, Sydney
- Group Leadership & Facilitation, The Australian Institute of Counselling in Addictions
Association Memberships and Affiliations
- Australian Counselling Association (Level 2)
- International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT)
- Australian Transactional Analysis Association (ATAA)
- International Energetic Healing Association (IEHA) – Honorary Lifetime Membership
A few other random things about me if you are still reading.
- I’m an INFJ in the Myer-Briggs personality types (apparently the rarest – who knew??)
- I LOVE nature, I am happiest in a damp forest with vibrant green moss all over big oak trees (the Brit in me).
- For a treat, I love mint Lindt chocolate.
- I had quite difficult births with both of my children.
- I have had to navigate a multi-faith family and home.
- My favourite time of the year is Christmas because we host a big Christmas lunch and I love the sparkles and decorating.
- I believe in the inherent healing ability of everyone.
I’m so glad you are here.
CONNECT WITH ME